How do I protect my computer keyboard?

Q: I keep getting potato chip crumbs and other bits of food stuck between the keys of my keyboard, and I know I'm going to accidentally pour coffee on it one of these days. I've seen those transparent covering on keyboards, but I don't know what they're called. Where can I buy them?

A: I've heard them called keyboard skins, keyboard dust cover and keyboard protector. Fellowes even makes custom-made ones to "snugly fit" your keyboard.

I don't know about beverages, but with cookie crumbs, after you turn off your computer, turn the keyboard upside down and gently shake it. Cover with a piece of cloth when not in use.