Q: I have Joomla sites on GoDaddy. They're all updated to the latest 1.5.11 upgrade. I tried enabling an RSS plugin for displaying a feed within an article. Everything worked fine on one site, but on another site I get the following error:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/content/x/y/z/xyzabc/html/plugins/content/rssfeed.php on line 123
Why the problem on one site and not on the other? I use the same template for both websites.
A: Check your PHP version. If one site is old, it could be that it's still running PHP 4, instead of PHP 5.
To Change Your Default PHP Language on GoDaddy Linux Hosting Accounts
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. In the My Products section, select Hosting.
3. Next to the hosting account you want to modify, click Manage Account.
4. In the Content section of the Hosting Control Center, click the Languages icon.
5. Select the PHP version you'd like to set as the default.
You'll be seeing a Warning here. Changing to PHP version 5 may make your PHP files run incorrectly.
Before you change your default PHP language version, make sure your PHP files can run correctly with PHP version 5.
It may take a few hours for the change to be processed by the hosting server.
If it was a PHP-related problem, after switching to PHP 5, the the parse error should not appear when you enable the plugin.